What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files generated by web pages that the user visits, which contain session data that may be useful later in the web page. The data allows the website to maintain its information between the pages, and also to analyze the way of interacting with the site.
Cookies are safe because they can only store the information that was put in place by the browser, the information that the user had entered in the browser or that is included in the page request. They can not execute code and can not be used to access the User’s equipment.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating navigation and usability of web pages. Cookies can not damage computers and that they are activated helps to identify and resolve errors.
Types of Cookies
Next, we provide more information so that the different types of cookies that can be used are better understood:
- Session cookies: they are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of the browser until the web page is left, so none is recorded on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the web . In the long run, this allows to provide a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
- Permanent cookies: they are stored on the hard drive and the web page reads them every time a new visit is made. Despite its name, a permanent website has a specific expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. They are used, generally, to facilitate the different services offered by the web pages.
Next, we publish a list of the main cookies used on our websites, distinguishing:
- Strictly necessary cookies, such as those that are used for correct navigation or cookies that serve to ensure that the content of the website is loaded efficiently.
- The cookies of third parties, such as those used by social networks, or by external content supplements.
- Analytical cookies for periodic maintenance purposes and, in order to guarantee the best possible service to the user, with which the websites collect statistical data of the activity.